Jesus Saviour’s School, one of the prominent CBSE Schools in Punjab is situated at Marauli Kalan, Morinda, Distt. Roopnagar. This institution is the brain-child of a charitable society namely ‘ Good Shepherd’s Social and Educational Charitable Society’ It was established in March 1996 with a view of imparting proper and systematic education to all children irrespective of caste, creed or colour.
The formation of character and the inculcation of social, religious and moral principals are chief concerns and no pains are spared to inculcate the gabits of truth and honesty. The Motto of our School is, “The, The Truth and The Life. The role of the school is to show the children the right way, the truth and the real life, full of natural an supernatural values so that they can be formed and molded as good citizens of this world and the Eternal Kingdom to come.
It is situated in an open, healthy and panoramic locality and easy access from Morinda. The School has been upgraded into a SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL w.e.f 2006 with affiliated to the Central Board Secondary Education, New Delhi.
Rules and Regulations
- A student will not be allowed to appear in the annual examination if he/she has not put in a minimum of 75% of the total attendance of the academic session, including attendance in previous school if the student has been admitted on transfer.
- A number of requests for change in name/date of birth are on the increase and CBSE does not entertain such requests. Therefore, at the time of admission parents are requests to give the correct name and Date of Birth of the student along with Date of Birth Certificate translated in English. Therefore request for change in these two documents will not be entertained or accepted.
- No leave of absence is granted except on previous written application from parent or guardians and that only for serious reasons.
- In case of absence without leave, the student on returning to school must produce the reason of absence certificate by his parents. A student returning to school after a contagious. The school accepts no responsibility if due to failure in producing such certificate a student is obliged to return home during class hours.
- No child is permitted to leave the school premises without the permission of Principal, which will granted only at the specific written request of the parents.
- Money should not be lent or borrowed and no article must be exchanged between the students.
- Any pupil desiring to be exempted from the P.T. or games must produce a doctor’s certificate to the effect that he/she is physically unfit to take part there in.
- Children have no permission to attend parties, to go for cinema or to go to friend’s home on their way back home from school
- Care must be taken of all school property and no pupil should scratch or spoil the desks or chairs or damage any furniture, write or draw anything on the wall or any damage to things belonging to other. No pupil should bring razor blades or any sharp instrument to school
- Parents or guardians are not permitted to walk into the class-room or interview teachers during class hours.
- Enrolment at Jesus Saviour’s School implies on the part of the pupil and parents, willingness to comply with the requirements and regulations of the school.
School conducted picnic for the first hand experience. The new impressions, mingling with new culture, obviously balance the emotion and harmony. By working in team and groups; above all the educational tours prepare each one to be adventures and independent. The parents as well as the children learn to live independently. We have conducted picnic to Hardiz world, Ludhiana, Jalandhar and Funcity of Panchkula . For teachers a field trip was arranged to maple adventures, Anandpur Sahib.